- American Express
- Gift Sertificate
TOP 10 CONSTRUCTION COMPANIES IN THE USA
The top 10
10. Bechtel Group Inc., San Francisco, CA As one of the world's largest engineering and construction companies, Bechtel has been in business since 1898 and currently employs more than fifty thousand people working on nearly a thousand projects around the world. Bechtel works on projects of all sizes and has developed Six Sigma, a problem-solving program that supports it.
9. Fluor Corporation, Irvine, CA Fluor is one of the world's largest publicly traded companies specializing in construction, engineering, procurement and maintenance services. Fluor, a company with international reputation for security, maintains twenty-five offices on six continents and is a frequent finalist of the top ten construction companies for "Building Design" competitions.
8. Skanska Incorporated, Greenwich, CTThis company, with roots in Northern Europe, specializes in creating green residential and business environments. The company employs more than seventy-one thousand people worldwide and has recently expanded to South America and Asia.
7. Centex Construction Group, Dallas TXThis company specializes in the construction of large public areas, including hospitals, hotels, offices, sports facilities and industrial parks. It is a former winner of Fortune magazine's Most Admired Company In America award. Texas Stadium and Boston City Hall are among the past projects.
6. The Turner Corporation, New York City, NY Turner, one of the Big Apple's leading construction companies, offers construction and other building technologies to customers.
5. Halliburton, Houston TXThis company started in the early days of the Western Oil Rush and is not surprisingly one of the world's largest service providers to the world's oil and energy companies.
4. Peter Kiewit Sons, Inc.This employee-owned company has been specializing in construction and mining since 1884.
3. Washington Group International, Inc. Boise, IdahoThis company has specialized in major projects such as buildings and energy since the merger of Raytheon and Knudson in 2000.
2. J.A. Jones, Inc. Charlotte, NCTThe growing company focuses on real estate management and leasing, building technology and acquisitions.
1. Bovis Lend Lease, New York City, NYThis company has 25 international offices and focuses on the "changing dynamics" of real estate. It is considered one of the world's leading large construction and project management companies.