UFC 244 Results: Winners, Bonuses And Highlights
The BMF title fight didn’t end as most of us wanted, but Jorge Masvidal still proved he was the better man against Nate Diaz on Saturday at UFC 244 in Madison Square Garden.
Unfortunately, the fight was stopped after the third round due to a nasty cut over Diaz’s right eye.
The ending was anti-climactic, but Masvidal had dominated the first three rounds. He landed some serious punches, elbows and a lot of hard kicks on his body. Diaz was visibly injured on at least three occasions, but he showed his lime when he resisted Masvidal’s attack.
Gate:— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) November 3, 2019
$6,575,996.19 (2nd highest at MSG behind 205)
20,143 – sellout
Fight of the Night:
Thompson vs. Luque
Performances of the Night:
Diaz had a few moments in the third round but saw something over-matched in the stand-up exchanges. Because of this, the sudden end wasn’t as much of a tragedy as it could have been in a fight that looked a little less one-sided.
Both Masvidal and Diaz expressed an interest in getting a new match. Diaz’s eye will need to heal first, but I expect to see them crash again sometime in the first quarter of 2020.
Here is a look at all results from UFC 244. The event was a huge success from a gate point of view. The $ 6.5 million generated was the second-highest on MSG.
- Jorge Masvidal def. Nate Diaz via third-round TKO
- Darren Till def. Kelvin Gastelum via split decision
- Stephen Thompson def. Vicente Luque via unanimous Decision – FOTN
- Derrick Lewis def. Blagoy Ivanov via split decision
- Kevin Lee def. Gregor Gillespie via first-round KO (2:47) – POTN
- Corey Anderson def. Johnny Walker via first-round TKO (2:07)
- Shane Burgos def. Makwan Amirkhani via third-round TKO (4:32)
- Edmen Shahbazyan def. Brad Tavares via first-round KO (2:27) – POTN
- Jairzinho Rozenstruik def. Andrei Arlovski via first-round TKO (0:29)
- Katlyn Chookagian def. Jennifer Maia via unanimous decision (29-28 x3)
- Lyman Good def. Chance Rencountre via third-round TKO (2:03)
- Hakeem Dawodu def. Julio Arce via split decision (29-28 x2, 28-29)